- A propos de LECE
- Comités nationaux
- Événements Divers
- Conseil Central
08-06-2017 - Bucarest (RO)
GRAND HOTEL CONTINENTAL
Conférence sur l'Europe de l'Est
The main topic of the conference is:
"The challenges for Eastern Europe in the present turmoil in the EU and EMU: persevering in the reforms and investing for the future"
The conference will be preceded by a welcome dinner on the 7th of June (7:00 pm - 9:00 pm), hosted by the National Bank of Romania.
Venue of the welcome dinner: NBR Training and Social Events Facility Center (Str. Dr Nicolae D. Staicovici, Nr. 42, Sector 5 – Bucharest)
Venue of the Conference on the 8th of June: National Bank of Romania - Mitita Constantinescu Conference Room (8 Doamnei Street, 030031 Bucharest)
The conference will be held in English with simultaneous interpretation in French (if needed) and Romanian.
Chairman of the conference: Dr. Wim Boonstra, ELEC Monetary Commission, Chief Economist of Rabobank, Netherlands
09:00: Opening Session
- Mr. Radu Deac, President of ELEC Romania: Opening address
- Dr. Mugur Isărescu, Governor of the National Bank of Romania: Welcoming address
9:30 -11:00: First Panel: Could reforms in Eastern European Member States and in the EMU converge to pave the way for their accession to the euro?
- Dr. Wim Boonstra, Chairman, ELEC Monetary Commission, Chief Economist of Rabobank, Netherlands
- Mr. Anton Jevcak, Economist, European Commission, DG-ECOFIN – Directorate-General for Economic and Financial Affairs, Policy Mix, ERM II and Euro adoption
- Dr. György Szapary, Former Deputy Governor, now Chief Adviser to the Governor, Hungarian National Bank and also former IMF representative in Budapest
- Dr. Vasile Puşcaş, former Ambassador to the EU, Chief Negotiator for Romania’s EU accession in 2007, now member of the board of Banca Transilvania SA
11:00 – 11:30: Coffee Break
11 :30 - 13:00: Key-note speech & Second Panel:
- Mr. Wilhelm Molterer, Managing Director EFSI, former Vice-Chancellor of Austria: How can the European Fund for Strategic Investments (Juncker Plan) overcome the gloom in the European Union? What opportunities does it bring to the Eastern European Member States?
Second Panel: Strategy for economic growth and job creation: the role of new financial instruments 2014-2020 under the European Structural and Investment Fund (ESIF): are the Eastern European Member States making good use of the financing opportunities to enhance their resilience?
- Mr. Stefan Appel, European Commission, Head of Unit "Financial Instruments and International Financial Institutions Relations" in DG-REGIO – Directorate-General for Regional and Urban Policy (tbc)
- Mrs. Sophia Kassidova, Vice President, ELEC Bulgaria, Former Deputy Minister of Economy and former Deputy Minister of Transport and Communications
- Mrs. Mirela Iovu, founding member and Secretary General of ELEC Romania, VP of CEC Bank SA
13:00 - 14:00 Walking Lunch
14:00 – 15:30: Third Panel: Capital markets and private pension funds in Eastern European Member States: how can we put local retail savings at work, improve the functioning of local financial markets and make fixed income markets more attractive to retail investors?
- Mr. Filip Keereman, European Commission, Head of Unit “National financial systems” in DG-FISMA – Directorate-General for Financial Stability, Financial Services and Capital Markets Union
- Mr. Vassil Karaivanov, Secretary General, ELEC Bulgaria, Professor at the University of Sofia
- Mr. Sergiu Oprescu, founding & board member of ELEC Romania, CEO of Alpha Bank Romania SA, President of the Romanian Bankers Association
15:30 – 15: 45: Coffee Break
15:45 – 17.00: Final Panel: Possible initiatives/contributions of the Bulgarian/Austrian and Romanian EU Presidencies to the current economic, migration and security challenges faced by the EU. How should Bulgarian-Romanian cooperation work in a broader regional cooperation context?
- Mr. Franz Nauschnigg, Secretary General of ELEC Austria, Counsel to the Board, National Bank of Austria
- Mr. Dimiter Ivanovski, Advisor to the President of the Center for Economic Development of Sofia (tbc)
17:00 Conclusions : Baron Bernard Snoy, President of ELEC International
19.30 – 22.30: Relaxing dinner at Restaurant Isoletta
Preferential room rates are provided (according availability) at Grand Hotel Continental in Bucharest:
1 Standard Superior Room – single use - 125 Euro/night
1 Standard Superior Room – double use - 135 Euro/night
Contact (Ref. ELEC):
Sales Account Executive
M: +4(0) 0749 015 431
GRAND HOTEL CONTINENTAL
56 Calea Victoriei, 010083, Bucharest 1 - Romania
T:+4(0) 0372 010 300/+4(0) 0372 010 310
F:+4(0) 0372 010 301